Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts at the end...

Default Thoughts at the end...

Thanks, gang, for an awesome and fun 2014 LeftyFrets Giveaway! A few thoughts...

- The 2014 Giveaway sold out in record time (15 days) and had the highest number of participants ever (93)!

- Kris, the Grand Prize winner of the Collings Waterloo guitar, hasn't received it yet simply because Jerry Welch hasn't received it. I can't wait for his review when it arrives!

- I did have to end the Giveaway after 21 days due to my circumstances (my MIL was in ICU and hospice for 12 days, then died. Her funeral is Friday) and also due that we were down to the small prizes and several had passed when their number came up.

- For those who haven't received their prize yet, I plan to ship them out next week when I get back in town. You are NOT forgotten!

- A special THANKS goes out to Jerry Welch, Vic DeRobertis, Sully and the esteemed AFL STUTZMANN!! THESE are the guys who made this Giveaway possible and all of them deserve your thanks AND your patronage!

- A selfish note: My MIL, Sammie Brown Riggs, died Saturda at 88. On this day, the day before Thanksgiving, I have SO much to be thankful for. Ms. Sammie was an angel... really. She was my MIL for over 35 years and we never had a cross word. She was a classy, elegant and godly woman who "preached" through her life and her sweet spirit. Through her, I married the woman that is most like her in the world, my wife Becky. 35 years later we have 3 marvelous children who each married a wonderful spouse and 4 grandchildren than expand our universe every day.

I've got a great marriage, a great job, no health issues that I'm aware of, and am blessed to be a part of this great community, LeftyFrets.net. You guys are amazing!

Have a great Thanksgiving, y'all.

Gary

Thanks, too, Gary. I got the strings I won the other day. Looking forward to the future, and hope the annual LeftyFrets Giveaway sweepstakes continue ad infinitum.

Default Gary

It's was a hoot, love it everytime, win or not.

It was like watching kids open Xmas presents. I participated only to donate for the cause; I wasn't going to claim any prize if I won (shipping & customs/import tax to the UK makes the big prizes not a good value, and small prizes simply not worth it).

Everyone enjoy their turkey tomorrow. I like mine with mustard (don't knock it until you try it).
    Mike
    Militant Left Hander

I've been in a deep depression after Johnnyj won the prize

I thought it was great! and thanks for the strings too. Great way to raise some $$$ and have some fun.

It was a fun giveaway, thanks Gary for making LeftyFrets such a great forum. I won the second prize, but I have learned that I am not an electric player. I plan to send it to Gary for next years giveaway.

I've pretty much read every review and watched every video available on the waterloo guitars. Thank you again for all of the hard work and dedication that goes into running this forum.
    http://youtu.be/IyTWq9gX-rY
    http://youtu.be/zs-bsseq7YQ

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by napman41
    I've pretty much read every review and watched every video available on the waterloo guitars. Thank you again for all of the hard work and dedication that goes into running this forum.
    http://youtu.be/IyTWq9gX-rY
    http://youtu.be/zs-bsseq7YQ
    I did all the same things, waiting on my number to be drawn. I still haven't figured out the foul up with the numbers that kept me from winning. I think I remember you saying that you were going with ladder bracing. I saw several videos of both, and some direct A/B comparisons of ladder vs. X bracing, and there just seemed to be a little more clarity and sparkle to the X braced one. I wouldn't have refused the ladder braced version, though. I'd appreciate it if you'd review it when it does finally arrive from the guitar building gurus in Austin!
    Last edited by Mark the Magnificent!; 11-27-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Always fun! Another great giveaway!