Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Giveaway - GRAND PRIZE!!

Default 2014 Giveaway - GRAND PRIZE!!

Gang,

It is with pleasure that I reveal the 2014 LeftyFrets Giveaway GRAND PRIZE!!

I have been working with Jerry Welch of Jerry's Lefty Guitars for some time to come up with the BEST EVER GRAND PRIZE for LeftyFrets!

The GRAND PRIZE winner will have his/her choice of one of 2 awesome guitars! If you're an electric lover, you can pick a BRAND NEW Suhr Classic Pro as pictured below... and best of all, you get your choice of color, fingerboard material AND pickups!! MAP on this guitar is $1,995!!

I'll let you electric experts talk about how great this guitar is, but Jerry assures me this is a GREAT guitar!!

Gary
    Last edited by Gary C; 10-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.

If you're an acoustic lover, never fear! We are here to PLEASE you!

You can choose the BRAND NEW "Waterloo" guitar, built by Collings! The Waterloo has a MSRP of $2,100 and a street price of $1,890!

Here's what Collings has to say about them:

We are excited to announce the official launch of Waterloo Guitars, an entirely new line of guitars conceived and created by Bill Collings.

The Waterloo guitar line is a look back in time, to when there was a genuine need for soulful tone that could be coaxed from simple instruments. The blues, country, and folk music played on these instruments was made in heartfelt response to the hard times of the depression era. It was music heard in work camps and barn dances, kitchens and honky-tonks, porches, street corners and churches. These musical styles became the roots of popular American music for decades to come. The Waterloo brand is all about capturing the voice and spirit of the very best depression era guitars in well-made and very playable instruments.

The WL-14 is the flagship model of the Waterloo Guitar line with additional models that will be coming soon. Keeping true to the design and style of this era, The WL-14s will be available in "ladder" bracing (L) or "X" bracing (X). We are also offering both a T-bar version as well as an adjustable truss rod option.

The WL-14 standard specs include:

* Solid spruce top
    * Solid mahogany back and sides
    * Ivoroid bound top and soundhole
    * Walnut backstrip
    * Vintage-style sunburst top
    * Tigerstripe pickguard
    * Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
    * Unbound mahogany neck
    * Rosewood fretboard and bridge
    * Bone cut-through saddle with 2 3/8" spacing
    * 1 ¾" Ebony nut
    * Stenciled Waterloo logo
    * Mother-of-Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
    * Vintage inspired strong V-shaped neck profile
    * 24 7/8" scale length
    * Ebony bridge pins
    * Golden Age Restoration plate tuners
    * Choice of Ladder (L) or X-bracing (X)

For you guitar weenies (doesn't that cover all of us?), you can read 21 pages about the new Waterloo guitars on UCGF HERE!

You can see both types (ladder and X-braced) being played here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs-bsseq7YQ

You can see photos of a completed Waterloo (righty - sorry!) that sold immediately at The Music Emporium HERE!

Wow, this is fun!

Gary
    Last edited by Gary C; 10-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Hot diggity damn!

Oh my!

Wow! I just would like to give a big thanks to Gary, Jerry and anyone else who has made this raffle happen, just awesome.

Just shows what a great forum this is... the members and Mods are fantastic!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj
    Just shows what a great forum this is... the members and Mods are fantastic!!!
    Can't agree more !

Wow! Those are some seriously great prizes. Thanks to all you guys. Now I'll just have to do my part and win that Waterloo!

Awesome!

Yup, those are awesome prizes, and thanks Gary and crew - I Suhr can't wait to win.
    My favorite guitar depends on the song.