Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Rickenbacker 360/12c63

  1. Default Rickenbacker 360/12c63

    Did Rickenbacker ever make this model for us lefties?

    I am talking about the c63, not the v64 which I've seen models of in lefty years ago online.

    The c63 is slightly more vintage accurate.

    Where can I buy one!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tamere
    Did Rickenbacker ever make this model for us lefties?

    I am talking about the c63, not the v64 which I've seen models of in lefty years ago online.

    The c63 is slightly more vintage accurate.

    Where can I buy one!!!
    Not as far as I know.
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~
    '10 Collings 290
    '96 Fender Strat
    '01 Fender Strat
    '07 Fender Strat
    '08 Fender Tele
    '01 Gibson Flatiron Mandolin
    '04 Gibson J-45 Rosewood
    '11 Huss & Dalton OM
    '50 Rickenbacker DC-12 Lap Steel
    '63 Rickenbacker 1000
    '96 Rickenbacker 1997
    '98 Rickenbacker 360
    '00 Rickenbacker 360/12
    '07 Rickenbacker 730S

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    834

    Default

    I agree with wmthor. No, unfortunately.
    ES335TD

  4. Default

    As it is, that company's CEO is very tight butted about getting left handed models out in general save for the economy Model 330. Might say he is a bit short sighted.
    Last edited by Tedduddy; 01-31-2014 at 07:21 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    I had an encouraging conversation with someone from Rickenbacker at the NAMM show.

    This person said they would not be be surprised to see more left handed models coming from them this year, specifically 12 strings. Their take was that the 620 style would be made lefty, and likely the 12 string in the narrow and wider finger board versions not far behind. Not sure about the old style 360's, but my sense is that they will eventually get around to programming the CNC machines for most of the body styles.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeetchart
    I had an encouraging conversation with someone from Rickenbacker at the NAMM show.

    This person said they would not be be surprised to see more left handed models coming from them this year, specifically 12 strings. Their take was that the 620 style would be made lefty, and likely the 12 string in the narrow and wider finger board versions not far behind. Not sure about the old style 360's, but my sense is that they will eventually get around to programming the CNC machines for most of the body styles.
    One of the guys at the Rickenbacker booth told me he thought we'd see some lefty 360/12's coming.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Didn't Rickenbacker have a lefty 330 MG on display at NAMM?
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~
    '10 Collings 290
    '96 Fender Strat
    '01 Fender Strat
    '07 Fender Strat
    '08 Fender Tele
    '01 Gibson Flatiron Mandolin
    '04 Gibson J-45 Rosewood
    '11 Huss & Dalton OM
    '50 Rickenbacker DC-12 Lap Steel
    '63 Rickenbacker 1000
    '96 Rickenbacker 1997
    '98 Rickenbacker 360
    '00 Rickenbacker 360/12
    '07 Rickenbacker 730S

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    HotHotHot, Arizona
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    pretty sure they did. They had two lefty 4003 basses. FG and JG. Apparently you can't get 4003 lefty's in MG any more.
    IMHO and extremely biased opinion that means: "we're going to use inferior wood for the lefty's cause they'll buy anything we produce". Part of why I say that is several lefty bassist buddy's of mine bought 4003's from the 1st run and were extremely disappointed with the workmanship on the basess.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    HotHotHot, Arizona
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macca23
    One of the guys at the Rickenbacker booth told me he thought we'd see some lefty 360/12's coming.
    when I spole to Jim Hall about 660-12's his eyes glossed over and he went into lala land and started spouting some BS with lots of "uhmms and ahhhs". He did confirm they were planning on doing 360-6's and 12's at some point this year but wouldn't say when they would be coming.
    The usual caveat: don't be holding your breath over Ric's!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Annapolis
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    I see them on the China sites, but you don't want those.
    We don't have to pay retail anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •