Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Giveaway Update, 3-28-13

Default 2013 Giveaway Update, 3-28-13

Gang,

First, THANKS to the 35 LeftyFrets members who have entered the 2013 LeftyFrets Giveaway! We've sold 575 tickets so far so we have 425 to go. Here's hoping that it's sooner rather than later so we can start shipping prizes all across this country!

This is a labor of love for me. It requires a lot of work behind the scenes to A) set this up months in advance, B) to keep track of all entrants once we open the gate, and C) to make sure that every prize goes to it's correct winner. I make a few bucks at the end that gives me a raise to about 0.15 cents per hour, annually.

I know ticket prices are higher than before and I know the economy is bleah. Right now we've got a 3.9% participation from the 906 members. I dunno... is that average, good or bad?

I wondered last week how many of the 900 + members here spent $2 a ticket for the $360 million PowerBall lottery... with 1 in 175 million chance. And here we are with a 1 in 1,000 chance... plus there are multiple gifts, not just one like in the Powerball, so the chances are realistically more like 1 in 40 or less that you will win something!

So, this is to the other 871 LeftyFrets members who haven't joined the 2013 Giveaway...

Will you help out? It would mean a lot to me to have another sellout for 2013. We're past the halfway point but we still have some asphalt to cover before we hit the finish line. Your contribution will do 2 things... it will help pay for some upgrades here and it will help to assure that we have future Giveaways.

Thanks for your consideration,

Gary
    Last edited by Gary C; 03-28-2013 at 03:32 PM.

2. Default

As a Geezer, I'd like to point out that there are a lot of geezers on this site! It's entirely possible that things will pick up after the first of the month when the retirement checks come in...

It'll finish selling, just takes a little time!

And, I did buy a Powerball ticket. I was going to buy all the remaining chances when I won, but somebody screwed up administratively in the Powerball hierarchy, because none of my numbers were picked. Go figure!!
    Last edited by Gary C; 03-28-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Gary
    I will gladly trade you a slightly off center goat for a few raffle tickets..

Last edited by Gary C; 03-28-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtime
    Gary
    I will gladly trade you a slightly off center goat for a few raffle tickets..

Jim,

Can he keep time in jams?

Gary

Jam would be his middle name...Toe Jam Bam Ba Lam...

That's Dennis Rodman !

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtime
    Jam would be his middle name...Toe Jam Bam Ba Lam...
    He's a Lam? I thought he was a goat!

Wait, don't tell me, Lam is his first name. Is Bhorgini is last name, by chance?

Gary

Exclamation

Since Gary's too nice to say it, I will.

C'mon ya cheap bastards, kick in! You use it, so support it!
    Last edited by watusi; 03-28-2013 at 10:50 PM.

+1

WOWSER!..