View Poll Results: Which guitar would you choose if you won the 2013 LeftyFrets Fundraiser?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Electric guitar

27 32.53%
  • Acoustic guitar

40 48.19%
  • Acoustic archtop guitar

16 19.28%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 LeftyFrets Giveaway - first announcement!

Default 2013 LeftyFrets Giveaway - first announcement!

As you know, LeftyFrets did not have a fundraiser in 2012. Several of you have asked either on the forum or privately - why didn't we? I can finally reveal the answer!

If you recall (and it's in the archives), we had a killer, best-ever Fundraiser/Giveaway in 2011. Jerry Welch provided the awesome Eastman guitar that was the Grand Prize and Dale Rabiner provided a SR Technology Jam 150 Plus Acoustic Amplifier as the Second Prize. We gave away more gifts total than ever before!

Dale asked me in 2011 if he could provide the Grand Prize for the 2012 LeftyFrets Fundraiser. He became sick in early 2012 and is just now starting to feel better. I spoke with him on the phone for over an hour this afternoon and he will be posting here later. I'll let Dale tell his story if he chooses to, but the GREAT news is that Dale is alive and well!

When Dale became sick I immediately shelved the 2012 LF Fundraiser out of respect to Dale. I told him today that he owes LeftyFrets NOTHING - and he graciously insisted on providing the Grand Prize for the 2013 LF Fundraiser.

So, the poll is this. If you had a choice, would you rather the Grand Prize be an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar or an archtop acoustic guitar?

Place your vote today - one time only, please - and we'll make a decision and announce it soon. Oh yeah, there are other pretty cool prizes available for 2013 as well!

Thanks,

Gary

2. Default

I vote acoustic!

Acoustic

Why not a choice of one of either ?

Gotta go with electric.

6. Default

You know how I vote, but I'm just glad to hear Dale is doing OK. I had missed him a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by otterhound
    That is a good idea, if it is possible.

I voted for the archtop acoustic. Lord knows I have enough flatops and an archtop acoustic would be cool to add to the clan.

Quote Originally Posted by otterhound
    Ummm, because the Grand Prize can only be one guitar! Well, technically it could be 2 guitars if someone else funded the 2nd one - ha!

Don't worry, there are all kinds of cool prizes that will be awarded after the Grand Prize. Things are coming together and many of our dealers who post their goods for sale here are coming through with donations of various things to give out to y'all.

It's gonna be fun!

Gary

Why put a poll up? Isn't it just easier to ask Alf?