Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest info from Bill Neale

Default Latest info from Bill Neale

I got this note from Bill Neale the other night and he asked me to pass it along.

Gary, Mark and I had the opportunity to talk about the “Lefty Guitar Expo recently. It was great to share ideas for what will hopefully be an annual event. Unfortunately Dale Rabiner wasn’t able to make the call, however, he is excited to host the expo in historic Montgomery, Ohio and he looks forward to sharing a weekend that is fun-filled for all. It will be great to be around so many “lefty” guitars and players. In addition, the location of the expo (The Montgomery Inn) is only a few doors down from DHR Music and we plan on opening up DHR to everyone… Even after store hours. There will be plenty of archtops, flattops, solid bodies and more for everyone to play and enjoy.

We plan to have a house band and plenty of good food at the expo and will also have corporate hotel rates available at the local Hilton Garden Inn. In addition to jam sessions and playing great guitars, we are looking to have a guest speaker or two who will discuss guitar related topics. More to follow on that later. It should be a fun and relaxing weekend for everyone who attends. We are looking at some dates and so far we are thinking about this coming fall or next spring, as want to make sure that travel is not an issue. Anyway, I hope to bring you more updates in the near future so stay tune…

Thanks, Bill Neale

Is there a date set?

Jimmy
    Neil Gardiner Parlor
    Neil Gardiner Concert
    Voyage Air VAOM-4LH
    Avian Skylark
    Eastman Pagelli PG2
    Gretsch 6120-1959TV
    Pono 0000-30SP
    Taylor Leo Kottke
    Cordoba C10
    Ted Ramsay Classical

And the ukuleles:
    Kanilea K3 Koa Super Concert
    Kanilea K1 Custom Walnut Tenor
    Willie Wixom Tenor
    Mainland Tenor

All lefty

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb
    Is there a date set?

Jimmy
    No firm date. Because we want to get as many people as possible, and to allow for sufficient time to do the logistics, we did decide to postpone it till the fall, or possibly even next spring. Since we're early yet, I suggest (my thought only) that dates that will work or won't could be posted here. Obviously, we won't be able to please everyone, but maybe we can avoid some obvious roadblocks. If you have particular ideas about things you'd like to see/do, I'd say post them, too. Bill is heading up the effort on the DHR end, and he's monitoring the board and will see the posts involved. The more we talk about it, the more excited I get. It is looking like it could really be something special.

So, ok people, when would be good for you, and what would you especially like to have while there?

Thanks a lot for organizing this event.

Forgive me , but , who is Bill Neale ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by otterhound
    Forgive me , but , who is Bill Neale ?
    Bill Neale, Director of Client and Artist Relations for DHR

http://www.dhrmusic.com/content/bill...tist-relations

7. Default Who is Bill Neale?

Thanks for asking who I am... Good question. Here is a link with a brief overview about me from dhrmusic.com.

Thanks,
    Bill Neale

http://www.dhrmusic.com/content/bill...tist-relations

8. Default Lemme Know

Quote Originally Posted by Mark the Magnificent!
    No firm date. Because we want to get as many people as possible, and to allow for sufficient time to do the logistics, we did decide to postpone it till the fall, or possibly even next spring. Since we're early yet, I suggest (my thought only) that dates that will work or won't could be posted here. Obviously, we won't be able to please everyone, but maybe we can avoid some obvious roadblocks. If you have particular ideas about things you'd like to see/do, I'd say post them, too. Bill is heading up the effort on the DHR end, and he's monitoring the board and will see the posts involved. The more we talk about it, the more excited I get. It is looking like it could really be something special.

So, ok people, when would be good for you, and what would you especially like to have while there?
    I'm in from Dayton.....danulrich@att.net Please advise of date etc. when firmed up!

Dan,

I talked with Dale Rabiner earlier this week about our LeftyFrets Give-away, LeftyFest and other things.

Right now we're mulling options on LeftyFest. The results we're hearing back so far isn't overwhelming... and I don't want to spend a lot of time promoting this and a lot of $$$ planning it for just a few folks to show up. Hey, we're all hurting in this dadgum economical shakedown, and I think that's a lot of the reason for the short line at the door.

Don't give up on us yet, though! This is a vision that we both have and I fully expect it to happen at some point in time - a slight possibility of later this year but 2012 is more likely at this point in time, if I'm guessing.

Gary

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acousticdano
    I'm in from Dayton.....danulrich@att.net Please advise of date etc. when firmed up!
    Dano,

I'd suggest as a first step answering this poll for Gary, if you haven't already

http://www.leftyfrets.net/showthread.php?t=4952

It is an attempt to find out how much real interest there is. We haven't had a call in the last month or so. I think the initial results of the poll have been sort of underwhelming. It's asking a lot of Dale and Bill to spearhead all this for an estimated 10-12 people, which is thus far all we have as pretty much a definite yes. I am hopeful that maybe the Forum raffle and the attention it will gather as it nears the actual finish line will translate into some positive impetus for the gathering. If anyone is seriously planning to attend, the best thing you can do, if you haven't already, is to make your
    intentions known through the poll, etc.

PS. Go, Gary! ;-) You hit the return button quicker than I!