Thread: A beginning - 2/22/11

Default A beginning - 2/22/11

Gang,

Last Tuesday night on 2/22 we held a conference call with Mark Parchment, myself and Bill Neale about our hoped-for "Lefty Gathering". Bill Neale is the Director of Customer and Artist Relations for DHR Music in Cincinnatti. Dale, the owner, was planning on joining the call but couldn't make it.

The 3 of us talked for an hour or more and covered a lot of ground. We discussed timing, size, events and costs. I've set this forum up so all of the posts and threads that follow will be in one place and easy for everyone to find.

Bill will be posting here soon with some of the particulars about that conference call. I'll cut to the chase and tell you - I'm EXCITED about this weekend event!!!

Gary

Onward , through the fog .

3. Default

So, what is the preliminary date?

Jim,

We all agreed that setting something up for Spring 2011 was too late to give lefties time to make their plans. So therefore we're looking at Fall 2011 as a tentative time frame, understanding that ANY weekend we plan for will be inconvenient to someone.

DHR gets a corporate rate at a nearby hotel so we're going to take a tentative head count once we announce a firm date, then block out enough rooms that could handle the "crowd". Many of us will book double for each room so as to hold the overall costs for members down.

We're discussing whether to bring in some professional players such as Dillon Hodges, Tim May and possibly others for a performance night. We may buy tickets and attend a Cincinatti Reds game together, just something to do as a group that is NOT guitar-related but that will be fun to do together.

We're open for ideas and suggestions from everyone here. Post 'em here or PM me or Mark or Bill with your thoughts and input!

Gary

Take me out to the ball game . Just another ballpark to scratch off the list .
    I always make it a point to go to Nazareth in the first week of August for Martinfest . I would hate to miss one , but ...
    I just might be able to build one of two more by then .

Wow....good work boys. Pick a date and I'll start making travel plans.

Thanks for your work on this.

I would like to shake your left hands, guys. This is very cool!

Sounds great - I'm hoping for September, as October has Arlington, the World Series, and my big industry conference.

I have to plan to drive down from CT, since I want to bring my vintage lefties for everyone to try. If I fly, I only get to bring one guitar!

The Nazfest is a great setup - lunch at Martin, open mike setup in a park nearby with a covered area in case of rain. A luthier comes over to do setups and minor repairs. Acoustic jams in the evening, maybe get a pickup band together to play that evening.

Good food, great company, great guitars - 100% lefty friendly. how can we go wrong?

Thanks to everyone taking the lead on this.
    ES335TD

Quote Originally Posted by shane dyson
    Wow....good work boys. Pick a date and I'll start making travel plans.

Thanks for your work on this.
    I'll just echo Shane's comment!
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~