Thread: Posting pictures in your ads

Default Posting pictures in your ads

Here's how I post pictures on LeftyFrets.

1) Upload your pictures to a webhosting site. I use photobucket.com - but there are other great sites out there.

2) Open the picture you wish to link here. On Photobucket there is a box to click to save the html code to post on a site like this one.

3) Come back to LeftyFrets and open your dialogue box here. When you get to the place in your post where you want to post a picture, click on the 5th box from the right in the icons over this box (yellow background, black mountains in the foreground).

4) In the prompt box that appears just paste the picture link into the box (control + v = paste) and click "OK".

Voila, you're done!

Bottom line? Find the "link to image" in whatever hosting service you use, copy that and then insert it here.

E/mail me (garybcollier@aol.com) if you have posting questions.

Thanks,

Gary
    Last edited by Gary C; 03-24-2014 at 09:56 AM.

2. Default

Just a note,you can also right click the highlighted code,then a menu will open up,click on "copy" from the mini menu where you right clicked,Go to you're post and find where you want to post the picture,right click on the place you want you're picture to be and select "paste" from the mini drop down menu.There you go,you posted a picture!
    Photobucket.com works as well for image hosting.

3. Default

Gary:

There's Gotta Be An Easier Way Than This To Post Pictures Here!! Is This How Everyone On This Site Posts Their Pictures??

Ever heard of Rube Goldberg?

He lives here....

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gemguy
    Gary:

There's Gotta Be An Easier Way Than This To Post Pictures Here!! Is This How Everyone On This Site Posts Their Pictures??
    I pretty much do it that way, too. The end result is that somehow you have to get that embedded link in there so the site can show the pic. I suspect it's a bandwidth/storage space issue, sort of like what i was referring to in the posting music part of the home recording thread. I'm pretty sure that the more space you use, the more the hosting site is gonna charge. Gary would have to verify that, of course... I haven't heard from him in the last day or two, and haven't gotten a reply on the music posting capabilities (or lack of same) within Leftyfrets. If I had to venture a guess it would be that he's tied up with family and Fourth of July stuff at the moment.
    Last edited by Gary C; 03-24-2014 at 09:56 AM.

6. Default

Thank you Gary! I needed that!
    Rick