Thread: Apostrophes, quotation and question marks???

Default Apostrophes, quotation and question marks???

I post on this forum with my iPhone and iPad. Any time auto fill applies an apostrophe or quotation mark it appears as a question mark in my submitted post. I have to edit and change them all. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick W View Post
    I post on this forum with my iPhone and iPad. Any time auto fill applies an apostrophe or quotation mark it appears as a question mark in my submitted post. I have to edit and change them all. Anyone else have this problem?
    Rick, there was an operating system bug that was causing that a while back on iOS ... I believe if you just update to the latest version it should resolve itself. Was happening in forums, text messages, emails, etc.
    Vic

http://leftyguitarsonly.com

Authorized dealer for Collings, Duesenberg, Fender CS, Froggy Bottom, Huss and Dalton, Lowden, PRS, Santa Cruz and more.

vic@leftyguitarsonly.com

Thanks Vic. I thought I was updated, but I had just downloaded without installing. Let’s see if it works..

It works! Funny, it didn’t do it in texts or email, only forums. I swore off social media, guitar forums and the news for a year in Jan. 2017. I guess I’m rusty, but much happier!
    Last edited by Rick W; 02-11-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Rick,

Glad to hear that problem is fixed! I've had to edit some posts here with the question marks and didn't know what was causing it.

How is the Hampton Brothers 12-fret dread?

Gary

Hey Gary,
    The Hampton is very cool. It’s right off the bench but still sounds real sweet and will only get better. I’m impressed with their work for only being #8.
    I sent a PM a minute ago and it’s still putting question marks instead of apostrophes. Oh well, I’m not worrying about it.