Thread: Collings 0-1

Default Collings 0-1

This is a 2017 Collings O-1.

It's about 6 weeks old. I need a bigger guitar for playing at church, so I have to sell this to raise funds to buy another larger guitar. I really don't want to sell it, but I have no choice.

The "O" size model by Collings Guitars are very special! While one might expect these 14 fret 0 guitars to sound small, most people are surprised by their volume and their immense practicality as a travel instrument, as a couch instrument, a recording instrument and in many cases a full replacement for a large guitar that has outlived its usefulness. As we get older, playing a dreadnaught or a jumbo present a real challenge to our worn out shoulders - they aren't what they used to be 20 or 30 years ago.I have found the best thing for my enjoyment these days is my man cave, a glass of cold beer, my dog and a great Collings 0!!!!!!!!

Specs: 1 3/4" nut, Mahogany back and sides, Sitka top

I have it listed on Reverb for $2,950 with option to make an offer for less. Will sell it to leftyfrets member for $2850.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

For more information, check out my Reverb listing:

https://reverb.com/item/7930385-coll...lefty-pristine

413693395.jpg

413693419.jpg

413693413.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gary C; 12-26-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Hey man, I'm the dude.

2. Default

If it were rosewood and I had funds, it would be mine. I periodically am having some real problems with my neck and shoulder. I know what it is (torn rotator cuff), but I am trying to cope, and sometimes a smaller guitar is the only option. Plus, it is an excuse for GAS!! Good luck with the sale and Merry Christ,as to you, and all our leftyfret brethren and sistern(sp?)
    Last edited by Gary C; 12-26-2017 at 04:57 PM.

You too, Mark!
    Hey man, I'm the dude.

Price reduced to $2850.
    Hey man, I'm the dude.

price reduction to $2650
    Hey man, I'm the dude.

6. Default

What’s the neck shape on that bad boy?

It's a very comfortable neck.

Collings Guitars are known for how well their necks are so user friendly. The standard neck, like the one on this guitar, is called a "modified V" neck profile. It's not a deep, pointed V neck profile like those on some old Vintage acoustics. Its very close to a "C" shaped neck, with just a hint of a "V", thus the name "Modified V". It's not at all bulky or extra thick or wide, nor is it a flat or skinny neck.

From the Collings website........"The neck depth (including the fingerboard) is typically .840" at the 1st fret and .930" at the 9th fret. The fingerboard width measures 2.195" at the 12th fret."

If you've ever played a Martin Eric Clapton model (000-28EC), it too has a modified V neck profile, very similar to this neck, but the Collings neck profile is a bit more comfortable.

The very first thing I examine in a guitar, is the neck profile. The guitar can be killer in tone, but if you struggle with the neck, it won't be a guitar that's enjoyable to own.

You will enjoy this neck profile, I am sure. If you live in a town that has a Collings dealer, you can always go buy and hold a righty, just to feel the neck.

Thanks for asking!

Hope this explanation helps.
    Last edited by leftyjack; 01-11-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Hey man, I'm the dude.

8. Default

Thanks for the info! I’m in the same boat...neck shape is my 1st thing to examine in a potential guitar acquisition. Amazing guitar!