Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Gibson Explorer

They are $1539 with no tax and free shipping at sweetwater when they have them . I've heard $1199 at another dealer. I imagine other places will gouge the price if they can get away with it.
    Last edited by cndoman; 11-19-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    We don't have to pay retail anymore.

I really like this guitar. But I’m not a fan of the pickups. At its street price I wouldn’t buy one to modify (new pickups).

3. Default

I have one preordered from sweetwater and they said they wouldn't be in until after the new year.

Yea hope they show sooner than that. 2 of the other big online places said Dec 3 rd. But we know that doesnt mean anything.
    We don't have to pay retail anymore.

5. Default

How’s she sound? Hopefully they gave you left handed pots.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarSectism View Post
    How’s she sound? Hopefully they gave you left handed pots.
    Nice. I've never had the chance to play a Gibson other than an LP in person.

I gave up on left handed pots once I got my LP. I got used to right handed pots and there are so many more options out there so I starting wiring all my guitars right handed.

7. Default

It sounds and plays really good actually. Been playing it a lot lately. Didn't know how I'd like the body shape, but it's really comfortable to play. A very balanced body and a very playable slim neck. The Burstbucker 2 & 3's have a nice and punchy sound that is pretty smooth to my ears. And the knobs are righty's. I have a 2016 True Historic '59 LP Reissue and a 2009 '58 LP Reissue that are both wired righty...so I'm kinda used to it. Up is down, down is up. If 6 were 9....I don't mind.