Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayback Machine

1. Default Wayback Machine

I recently had a computer "blue screen of death" issue (thank you MS updates). It caused me to have to reinstall all of my softwares, and revisit and re-enter my old usernames and passwords on various sites. This lead to a period of re-reading various bits and pieces and I came across something from 2002. The question is "who is the 'mystery poster' of 15 years ago? There's absolutely no prize, just the fun of it.

I've been playing seriously for the past 3 1/2 years, and have owned guitars from Larrivee, Martin, Ted Thompson, Collings, Huss & Dalton, and Goodall. Throughout the buying/selling/trading, I've learned - about woods, body sizes, tone and value. This is the best sounding guitar that I've owned, out of 13 acoustical guitars so far. Tonally, it is amazing! I didn't think it possible for a guitar to have a commanding, crisp bass along with sparkling trebles, not together in the same guitar. I've owned guitars that did one, but not both at the same time. Until now. And it's prettier than anything else I've owned, as well. The looks are just icing on the tonal cake!

Gary

Gary. Question is, which guitar is he talking about ?

Maybe the Burkett

I'm confused!!!!

6. Default

I didn't mean to confuse anyone! I just ran across an old post on a forum where Gary (yes, the answer to the wayback machine question IS Gary) was waxing eloquent about his new acquisition. It WAS about the Burkett, as Phil conjectured. I just thought the post was amusing, especially the "This is the best sounding guitar that I've owned, out of 13 acoustical guitars so far." part, given that it was, let's say, SEVERAL guitars ago. I wonder if the 13 acoustic guitars he referenced having owned up to that point back in 2002 now might be more like 130?!!!

I guess I was just poking a little fun with my buddy Gary. While I can't compete with him in sheer numbers owned, my own total through the years is not inconsiderable, and, in fact, include one or two that were also his along the way

This just proves that I’ve been a member of this forum for way too long.

Ahhh shoot I wasn't smart enough to understand that you were quoting the mystery poster below your first paragraph. But yeah, nice to see the longevity here. And I think Gary's closer to 131 since then .

Well, Mark's computer was down and my wifi at home has been out for the past month (thanks, AT&T, for lousy performance and worse service!). I got hooked up with Mediacom wifi today and so far, it's great.

I *just* saw this thread tonight - Mark, you are a bag of laughs! That seems about 2 lifetimes ago, and it HAS been 15 years - wow!

I haven't added up my total lately but it's in the mid-30s, I think. I'm a ROOKIE next to George - ha!

Last night I had a fun time of playing the Posch #02, the Posch #09, the Edmonds 0000 and the Thompson 12-fret dread, back and forth. There is no "best", but there's a lot of "good" in those 4 guitars.

What's ironic is that just 5 minutes ago, before I read this thread, I was reminiscing about the Burkett AJ and wishing I had it back.

Gary

"I'm a ROOKIE next to George" -Gary

I read Mark's original post and immediately knew the answer, but I figured I'd pass and let someone else play, knowing darn well I'd get dragged into it eventually. LOL...

For the record, I'm at 91 (so far) with two more due before the end of this year, and another due in early 2018.