Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo PRS SE's for Christmas.

Just read a review written by a friend who bought a Trampas green. It is a very nice guitar. He doesn't care a whole lot for the pickups. That's a personal taste thing. The pots are also righty taper but are wired lefty. Hard to believe they screwed this up. Anyways, he's sending his back to Sweetwater. So the lightest one is going to be back in stock.

Just ordered a fire red SE today. I have a 99 Custom 22 and recent model Custom 24 and will report back on a comparison.
    Lefty Guitars: PRS Custom 22 and 24, Melancon Pro Artist, Am Std Telecaster, Am Std P Bass, Yamaha BB404L, Gibson J-45 DLX

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw-dd View Post
    Just ordered a fire red SE today. I have a 99 Custom 22 and recent model Custom 24 and will report back on a comparison.
    Suhweet! I’d love to hear your thoughts. I don’t want one but I am really interested to know how the se matches up.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Van View Post
    Suhweet! I?d love to hear your thoughts. I don?t want one but I am really interested to know how the se matches up.
    Got it today! A day early from FedEx. The finish, fit, hardware, balance/weight are all very good and met the relatively high expectations I got from a variety of online reviews. The frets are the most noticeable playing difference from the US core series; the SE frets are smaller and shorter in general and remind me of a Gibson/Epiphone.

I've just been stretching strings and re-tuning for a while before I start a setup and play plugged in. I'm afraid the nut slots are catching the A and D strings a bit so I'll have to get that corrected right away. I test that by tuning up, then either using the tremolo to dive/pull and return or by pushing down on the string behind the nut with my finger to see if the string "releases" back across the nut toward the neck of the guitar and returns to pitch. I have at least two strings hanging up in the nut during that test. Too early to tell on the tuners or tremolo quality.

More to come - will probably take it to the shop for nut filing for 10's strings next week.
    Lefty Guitars: PRS Custom 22 and 24, Melancon Pro Artist, Am Std Telecaster, Am Std P Bass, Yamaha BB404L, Gibson J-45 DLX

There are 47 of them on Reverb , pretty much every mom & pop that has one put it up. Some great tops , good time to cherry pick colors.
    We don't have to pay retail anymore.

We don't have to pay retail anymore.

My favorite of the color options. Nice flame on that one. Some are not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by cndoman View Post
    Nice!

The blue one looks great!