Thread: Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Adi/EIR FS scalloped 1-3/4", 45 style backstrip

Default Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Adi/EIR FS scalloped 1-3/4", 45 style backstrip

As I said in my other thread under electrics for sale--grail guitar possibly happening; never thought I'd sell this lifer but here it is... I'm traveling until Sunday. I can email anyone seriously interested pics immediately (mmss1219 at gmail) and will link to reverb ads once I make them on Sunday when I get back home.

3) 2013 Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Adirondack top (select), EIR back/sides, forward shifted scalloped 1/4" golden era style bracing, 1-3/4" nut, ModV neck, 45-style backstrip, ivoroid binding, delmar tort guard, 28-style inlays and rosette. INSANELY good sounding and broken in. I did all the hard work over the last four years playing the bejeebus out of it. I played this guitar at least 4 days/week consistently if not more. I run light John Pearses on it and have been really happy. This guitar is very loud for a short scale 000 and I have yet to run out of headroom with a tort pick on it. I primarily play it fingerstyle (about 70%) of the time. I spec'd this when I was selling a few standard Martins and wanted one "do it all" desert island guitar for everything and was inspired to make a more vintage and hot-rodded Clapton 000. I'd also note that the B/S wood has a nice figuring and color variation but it is noticeably very much darker than other EIR coming out of Martin, which I've always liked. I can email the full CS build sheet to review specs if someone would like.

$3200 shipped

Feel free to email if interested, PM's will be hard to check while traveling so email is preferred. Though I am entertaining funding a grail guitar and would like to pass these on to other players who will appreciate their great feel and tone, I am not desperate. Reasonable offers are always considered within the LF community

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by soymateo; 10-12-2017 at 11:37 PM.

I'm familiar with this 000. It's gorgeous!! If I didn't have so many irons in the fire I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Killer specs. Very well thought out. And Matt is a great dude. Buy with confidence!

I remember when Matt ordered and got ..and yes ..Matt is the real deal ..hey Matt..long time ..hope u r well..course I'm curious as all as to this grail guitar ..my my ..got to be something to give up the 000. ..
    I bet he's gone dog on us and us looking at a Breedlove with genuine laminate back ...disposable for travel ..smart Matt ..
    2017 Martin D16gt revisited
    Sold everything else
    Goal: try as many guitars possible before reaching heaven

haha hey BD! how ya been?! Thanks for the kind words fellas. To answer the question, yes this is pretty tough, still wrestling with this move, but its for a vintage strat.