Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD! ~ Waterloo WL-14X-TR

Default SOLD! ~ Waterloo WL-14X-TR

***SOLD***
    Last edited by George; 09-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Possibly the coolest looking no guard guitar I've ever seen.

Thanks, Phil. Vic's vote was for no guard as well. I LOVE the tiger stripe, but it sure does look sharp without one.

I saw someone playing a black one with no guard. I think it looks fantastic. I was thinking about doing it to mine. How does it come off without damaging the top?

For $1525 I'll tell you. LOL. You have to carefully work up an edge, and take it VERY slow. A little heat from a hair dryer helps, but I prefer no heat and just light constant pulling pressure and patience. Thin satin finished like these are a lot harder than a thicker glossy Martin/Collings type finish. SLOW. Then get ready for 15-30 minutes of aggravating glue removal with Naptha and elbow grease.

Will it cost $1525 to find out where you got that tiger stripe guard?

Good luck on the sale looks like a great guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    For $1525 I'll tell you. LOL. You have to carefully work up an edge, and take it VERY slow. A little heat from a hair dryer helps, but I prefer no heat and just light constant pulling pressure and patience. Thin satin finished like these are a lot harder than a thicker glossy Martin/Collings type finish. SLOW. Then get ready for 15-30 minutes of aggravating glue removal with Naptha and elbow grease.

George,

Another beauty...

Good luck with your sale.
    Last edited by LeftyB; 09-12-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staceydude View Post
    Will it cost $1525 to find out where you got that tiger stripe guard?

Good luck on the sale looks like a great guitar.
    Nope. Just have to read the description

"The fire strip guard is a custom guard in the shape of a vintage Gibson L00 style, custom made by the incredible Taylor Mullins of Holter Pickguards"

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyB View Post
    George,

Another beauty...is this one all black? I've seen one (righty) with black top and natural back/sides.

Good luck with your sale.
    I've never seen that, Bill. Unless perhaps it was a 12 fret version with Maple back and sides. This one is all jet black.

cool beanios, Georgio; I dig the no guard on this. Like Robert Johnson and Johnny Cash got together in the R&D dept.