Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member wmthor

Default Member wmthor

He's right in harm's way where he lives in TX. I just saw this posted on another forum he frequents.

"Texican (Richard) (wmthor) was putting things up high in anticipation of the flood waters potentially reaching his house and while carrying one of his amps slipped and fell - breaking his arm up near the shoulder.

I've only talked to him twice, he called me while waiting for the ambulance (and hoping they could make it to where he lives!), and again after he saw the doctor, but he did make it to the hospital and they confirmed it was broken, put it in a sling and gave him some pain killers. I'm not sure if he's headed back to his house or where, and I think his mom (who is in her 80's) is with him (it was a pretty crappy connection the last time I spoke with him).

I'm hoping they find a comfortable place to wait it out, and that their house didn't take any water. I can't imaging how he must feel."

Ah, that sucks. Fingers crossed he and his mom and his house (and his amps) are okay. I suppose it'll be awhile before we hear anything.
    Mike
    Militant Left Hander

+1 mcarp..brother in law in gavelston..his girlfriend in bellaire ..my oldest in Austin...all doing well..
    2017 Martin D16gt revisited
    Sold everything else
    Goal: try as many guitars possible before reaching heaven

4. Default

I hate to see what is happening on the Texas coast. I have friends there I haven't heard from since the storm hit Friday night, and the reports from the site are scary. Here's hoping our LF family there (and everyone else), have been able to get to safety. BD, glad to hear your family there is doing well. I suspect it might be quite a while before we hear much from our friends in that area of the country.

Thoughts and prayers to our lefty brothers in harms way in Texas.
    We don't have to pay retail anymore.

Lots of lefties down that way ... hoping everyone is out of harm's way. Not to forget Jimmy and the folks at Southpaw, he is not far some significant flooding ... they looked to be okay today, just some water in the acoustic room which they were cleaning up with a ShopVac so nothing major. Stay safe.
    Vic

http://leftyguitarsonly.com

Authorized dealer for Collings, Duesenberg, Fender CS, Froggy Bottom, Huss and Dalton, Lowden, PRS, Santa Cruz and more.

vic@leftyguitarsonly.com

Man, I hate to hear that about Richard, our lefty brother! NOT good!!

Praying for all affected by this huge storm!

Gary

Was thinking about Wmthor and Staceydude, and others. Southpaw. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks for the good wishes. Haven't been back home as I was taken straight from the ER to a shelter. This is what my front yard looked like at 8am yesterday morning.photo.jpg
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~

Bummer. Things can be replaced but people can't. Hope you and your family are OK.