Thread: RIP Glen Campbell

Default RIP Glen Campbell

he was a very big inspiration to me. I wanted to play and sing like him when I was in my teens. He will always will be a big influence in my style of playing.

So very sad! He was a legend and will be dearly missed.

RIP Mr. Campbell.

While I was never a huge fan, like many of us he was part and parcel of the musical background in which we grew up. I've been silently dreading this day since he announced his diagnosis. An amazing session man, backup player and solo artist, his work with Jimmy Webb will live on long after all of us.
    Mike
    Militant Left Hander

i play quite of few of Glens songs. especially the Jimmy Webb tunes. Gave me the inspiration to build a baritone tele. unfortunately, thats the only reason i have a baritone. guess i will bring it out for the next few weeks on the gigs and do a couple of his tunes to solute his great talent

a very great talent and such a sad way to pass

I've been sad most of the day after reading about GC's death. I didn't follow his career but always remember "liking" him. Most of us old guys, could play or sing his most popular songs and I recall the stories of him being a studio player etc. I just finished reading an interview by his current wife and the struggles that alzheimers patients and caretakers endure, sad.

I'm sure there are folks here that have had to see a loved one travel down this path as my family has. For those of you on FB, a husband has taken to writing on his page about the day to day episodes he and his wife deal with, troubling but uplifting in a way, at the same time. For anyone in need of this support just search Bruce N Ann Williams.

R I P Glen Campbell
    Last edited by LeftyB; 08-09-2017 at 02:33 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyB View Post
    I've been sad most of the day after reading about GC's death. I didn't follow his career but always remember "liking" him. Most of us old guys, could play or sing his most popular songs and I recall the stories of him being a studio player etc. I just finished reading an interview by his current wife and the struggles that alzheimers patients and caretakers endure, sad.

I'm sure there are folks here that have had to see a loved one travel down this path as my family has. For those of you on FB, a husband has taken to writing on his page about the day to day episodes he and his wife deal with, troubling but uplifting in a way, at the same time. For anyone in need of this support just search Bruce N Ann Williams.

R I P Glen Campbell
    I wasn't a huge fan of his solo work, like Wichita Lineman, etc, but the man could flat play a guitar, and his contributions as a studio musician are legendary. My Mother died of Alzheimers, and I know his family endured a lot, from personal experience. It's hard to see someone you love and care about waste away, but, there are a lot of good memories about lucid moments, and the dignity that my mother showed, as he apparently also showed, as he dealt with it. My heart goes out to his family/

Gentle on My Mind was the first song I taught myself on guitar. What a great player Glen was!