Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Age Old Question

Default The Age Old Question

If you were limited to just one acoustic and just one electric guitar, what would be in your small stable? Remember, just one of each. Just for fun, let's add what one amp would you be playing the one electric through.

As for me, it would to be my Fender Stratocaster and Huss & Dalton OM. The one amp I would keep would be a Traynor YCV20WR.
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~

Not an electric player, but my acoustic choice would be a Huss and Dalton CM. Not an OM or dread, but can do everything very well.

bill

So this is an unlimited wish list or from the existing stable?

I'm the reverse of LeftyB; I'm not particularly bothered by acoustics, but I'd probably choose a Strat as an electric. A Tele would be a very close second. As for an amp, who cares? As long as it has a USB out and maybe modeling abilities.
    Mike
    Militant Left Hander

Quote Originally Posted by shane dyson View Post
    So this is an unlimited wish list or from the existing stable?
    Make it from a wish list, from an existing stable, or a combo of both.
    ~ Lone Star Proud ~

From what I own, I'll take my Martin EMP 1 for the acoustic and the Heritage 525 for the electric. I think that electric would be a little more versatile than the strat or tele. As for amps, the Fender Blues Jr.

My fender Tele along with a Victoria amp would be me electric rig and for the acoustic side I'd keep the Santa Cruz OM I purchased last year. It's a beater but it's plays and sounds great.

Yikes, that's a tough one. I'm assuming this is limited to what we already have so for me it's my Fender Telecaster and 34' Martin 000-18 LS.

Quote Originally Posted by OlsonGuy View Post
    Yikes, that's a tough one. I'm assuming this is limited to what we already have so for me it's my Fender Telecaster and 34' Martin 000-18 LS.
    I'll take the Olson off your hands.

If it’s the current herd, then it’s not as difficult a question for me. Currently I have two basses, three acoustics and one electric. Since we’re asked about one acoustic and electric guitar, then my favorites are my Lowden F-25 (cedar over East Indian rosewood) and my ’74 Fender Pre bass, with P+J Duncan’s. Both are my go-to -play everyday guitars.

Thanks for raising the question as it made made me think about my guitars and why I use those particular ones rather than just grab them because they are there.