Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess I've morphed ..grown to prefer hog . **SOLD**

Default Guess I've morphed ..grown to prefer hog . **SOLD**

Surprise..D28 is wonderful..but my ears have drifted to mahagony ..kinda miss my D16gt ..for the nut and tone..shouldn't have sold that one ..well I do believe that's where I'm going next ..and what I sold my D16gt...dumb..
    Anyway..see if any of the gang desire my 2008 D28 175th anniversary..u saw pics..it's in truly excellent shape, new EJ16 ..changed schaller strap locks to chrome ..still have brown ones..put stock Martin bridge pins on her..think it looks way better..cleaned fretboard , oiled ...cleaned OHSC..
    $1500 shipped to lower 48..just to LF member...give it a few weeks ..then put on Craigslist..reverb..eBay at higher price ..
    If u ever wanted the Martin D28.. let me know ..BD
    IMG_0430.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0470.jpgIMG_0472.jpg
    2017 Breedlove discovery for travel ..
    Sold everything else
    Goal: try as many guitars possible before reaching heaven

Beautiful D28!

I, myself, find myself at the hog trough with you, BDog... Presently, I have an all hog lineup here... 000-15SM, Ibanez 420 Open Pore Martian Mahogany, and the OM-18... (but... a sitka top to celebrate diversity!)... My tele thinline parts-caster has a mahogany body... I do have a hankering to hear my old OM-21 Special again, which has a rosewood back... Who has that? It has the repaired hole in the back... Good luck with the sale, BDog!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, Jack. I'm sure someone will scoop it up in no time.

Yep ishtar..been the whole realm ..except maple ..someday ..keen on the 15 series Martin in 1 11/16 ..but that d16gt had a beautiful tone ..then I loved rosewood balance ..clean cut clarity ,.but I find myself wanting a Sitka hog ..in my price range ..trying to make myself not like 522..but it's too hard to give up right yet..even though a member wants it..more than small body that I can't let go of it yet..always wanted a D18 too if I could find in 1 11/16 ..I could order, but I know I can find another D16gt if I'm patient..used ..but u understand me...carl..thank u my friend ..u know me ..i got to try as many as I can.. imagine someone is dying for a D28 and price offered....anniversary edition and looks like it was well taken care of ..even the pick guard has no scratches and it's nearly ten years old ..we shall see ..prefer a member get..don't have to sell, but just more I do want to try ..lots more ..I'm sick u know ..hey..u live once ..on this planet ..
    Sold everything else

jack, best of luck with your sale! This won't last long, I'm sure!!!

Here are a few i found for you to check out as replacements!

This one has a boo-boo and some mojo, but maybe a low offer could steal it!

https://reverb.com/item/5254857-martin-d16-gt-lefty

And this one looks like a pretty cool guitar that might come cheap too!

https://reverb.com/item/5334672-mart...t-2015-natural

Here is another COOL looking option.

https://www.gbase.com/gear/martin-ma...special-lefty-
    Last edited by George; 05-22-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Thank u George. I appreciate your effort. I kinda like that D15.
    We shall see. If it's meant to be. It will
    Thanks for looking out for me.
    Sold everything else

Um... Might not be the nut you're desiring, but there is someone close to me selling a 000-15SM, which might be a nice compliment to someone's other mahogany instruments.... Just sayin'.....

Oh I thought that already. But I think I'd like nut I'm comfortable with the most I can't believe no one grabbed already
    Sold everything else

Bigdog. Looks like Fred Oster has a new lefty 16GT....not sure what the cash price might be:
    71. MARTIN, D-16GT Lefty, NEW, solid spruce top, scalloped A-frame top bracing, solid mahogany back & sides, 25.4" scale, neck 1-11/16", herringbone rosette, black Micarta fingerboard and bridge, style 28 position markers., , (Our #28811) MAP
    $1,499.
    With you on the hog flavor. That's all i have...
    Good luck with the search

Thanks doc ..Fred Oster ...never heard of ..have to google his name ...course wife has a one in, one out policy after I acquire two guitars ...but appreciate helping out ole BD
    Sold everything else