Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Guitar Build Pre*War 000 shadetop lefty

1. Default

Ben & Wes sure have access to great wood. Thank you for the photos George! Definitely above and beyond the call of duty, after a long night of driving!
    Last edited by Doc Holiday; 06-17-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Looks great so far! George, props on providing the "spy" photos--very cool to see the progress

3. Default

This is the style of shadetop I'm hoping for....the photo is a '38shade.jpg

I just stopped by PW again on my way to the airport and a gentleman there showed Wes this exact photo and Wes replied "Someone else just emailed me that same photo!" That's too funny.

5. Default

Pure coincidence I'm sure George, but there is a very small sample size. Apparently only 27 or 28 shadetop 000 made in 1938. Wes told me he'd be shooting the finish this week... Hope you had a great visit
    Last edited by Doc Holiday; 06-20-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Last edited by Gary C; 06-21-2017 at 09:45 PM.

7. Default

Nice to see he's holding it the proper way ;-)

I played one of the Pre War lefty guitars at Walter Carter's shop yesterday. I think it was level 3, mahogany. Very nice guitar. They also let me take their lefty '60 burst out of it's glass case and fondle it. Very cool, blister top. We stopped by Gruhn's too. I was surprised by the lack of guitars there. Carter probably has five times the inventory of Gruhn's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick W View Post
    I played one of the Pre War lefty guitars at Walter Carter's shop yesterday. I think it was level 3, mahogany. Very nice guitar.
    That was mine that I traded back to P*W for a Brazilian build. Great guitar! Didn't the neck feel awesome? It just has that old worn in feeling.