Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Guitar Build Pre*War 000 shadetop lefty

Suhweet! That's some serious compression wood. Probably very stiff. Looking fwd to more pics.

Sam

Awesome @doc, I'll be anxious to follow this build as well and see the finished burst. I think I'd go with a level 1.5-2 and a burst if I were going down this route. I know George is smitten with his. You guys have really got me thinking ...maybe

3. Default

Matt, I'll be waiting to see what the distressing looks like....but in photos the bursts look great & the soundclips from all the guitars sound pretty stunning

4. Default

000.jpg It's good to have friends. This photo live from Pre*War by George just minutes ago. Now the days seem to get longer....waiting on the finish...:-)

I'm liking that wide grained top! Looking good.

Sam

Very cool. I really like the concept of what PreWar is doing, looking forward to hearing about their tone and playability.

7. Default

Those who have received the guitars already seem very happy with them. NY Lefty George has gone through an astonishing number of instruments has had a mahogany D for a while & is currently visiting Wes & Ben at Pre*War. I've got a '39 00-18 & '36 D18 and never really cared for OMs much.....except for one 1930 OM-18 at Hill Country that I really liked the sound of. I'm particularly fond of my 0018 (short scale)....so I'll have good points of reference for comparison when the 000 arrives next month. I saw the shadetop D that Jason Verlinde has in the Fretboard journal office in Seattle & was very impressed by both the construction & the sound. Apparently Bryan Sutton had favorable comments about that one too.

I'm too tired to think straight right now. I'll post more when I get home, but I'll quickly say that these guys are just awesome in person. I couldn't help myself... I ordered another one today. It will be my first Brazilian RW guitar. I picked out a set and a top. Someone pinch me...

9. Default

10. Default