Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guitar Build Pre*War 000 shadetop lefty

Default New Guitar Build Pre*War 000 shadetop lefty

IMG_5994.jpg Lately I've really enjoyed the acoustic playing of Julian Lage and Grant Gord, both of whom play 000-18s ('39 & '44). While visiting Jason Verlinde at the Fretboard Journal office in Seattle after Wintergrass, I had a chance to see a shadetop Pre*War D, which sounded pretty good with my son fingerpicking it. Since I have an opening between my 00-18 and D18....and while waiting for a real '30s shadetop to come my way, I thought I'd get a lefty 000 in my hands. The build quality and vibe of the Pre*War is pretty fine by any comparison. Here's the back getting fitted to the sides.

Thanks for sharing Doc, sounds like a few of the members here agree. Are you going with the shade top and or relic model?

Please let us know when she arrives.

bill

Level 2 distressed, (showing wear but not abuse. Sent them a photo of my '36 D18 top).... & shadetop
    Last edited by Doc Holiday; 05-18-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holiday View Post
    Level 2 distressed, (showing wear but not abuse. Sent them a photo of my '36 D18 top).... & shadetrop
    NICE!!!

good deal Doc! You have a '36 D18? Cool.

Greg,

Congratulations! There are at least 4 LF members who have one on order, George tells me. It's gonna be fun to get them in y'all's hands so the rest of us can hear the reviews!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    It's gonna be fun to get them in y'all's hands so the rest of us can hear the reviews!
    Mine is apparently finished, and is getting strung up today. According to the most recent update (8:15 am today) it should ship Monday, which means I'd have it on Wednesday if all goes well. I've never been this excited for a delivery. (I've said that before, and I might say it again)

yes waiting for the reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by scriv58 View Post
    yes waiting for the reviews!
    With pics, please!