Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1946 D-28L

Default FS: 1946 D-28L

Gang,

A friend of mine has a 1946 D-28L for sale. It's been a righty-strung guitar for the past 25 years. It had a black righty pickguard added during that time (it's been removed) and it has overspray.

Best I can tell from the pics it will need a refret, neck reset, some work where the righty pickguard used to reside (as small pieces of the top came off when the guard was removed) and perhaps more work than that.

If you are interested PM me or email me (garybcollierATaol.com) and I'll put you in contact with my friend.

Gary

Last edited by Gary C; 04-05-2017 at 10:27 PM.

WOW! that wood has had a bit of time to age I bet it's a cannon.

Gary, I'd love to hear a little about the history of this guitar and its righty conversion. I didn't know people really did that!

It looks like the bridge also needs to be put back to lefty. Gary, are there pictures showing the guitar with the right pick guard removed?

Never mind, I see there are more pics in the link...

Quote Originally Posted by gonzostew View Post
    Gary, I'd love to hear a little about the history of this guitar and its righty conversion. I didn't know people really did that!
    The only thing I know for certain is that a righty player had it converted and played it righty for at least 20 or 25 years. My friend who is selling it tried to buy it 10 years ago and the guy wouldn't sell it. He finally died and my friend bought it from his estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    He finally died
    FINALLY!!!

He finally died

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    FINALLY!!!
    haha - things like that always sound worse when you type them

I bought this guitar! Had it shipped to friend who's sent to a special guy to have it assessed/worked on. I bought it sight unseen. My friend says "the guitar is beautiful". The only Herringbone Left handed perhaps on the planet. The seller Frank was a very helpful and nice man. Thank you Gary for introducing him.

There are 4 or 5 others (according to records) but it's the first one I've ever seen. Congrats! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Do you mind telling us who is doing the repair work?