Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build #5 engelmann-white oak

Looks fantastic Sam!

On another note if the D12 Gary owned was yours, I have since acquired it from Jeff. Super guitar and I love it.

Thanks elastic and Stacey! Yes we have shared a guitar. The only reason I got rid of it was because it didn't have a burst. Those d12s are awesome.

Sam

OK a quick tone comparison between my Santa Cruz 000 mahogany 1929, the new Slope M, the Guild jumbo, and my build #2 Adi-Walnut L00.

Its funny because the new Slope M sounds best while playing it but doesn't sound as good recorded. It is indeed a warm guitar with rounded notes, but not as round as the recording sounds. Indeed Preston liked it so much that he's gonna build with white oak!

I kept the SCGC 1929 over the D12 because I thought it recorded better and that still seems true here. The guild is AOK but a bit weak in the middle strings, middle of fretboard. The L00 sounds like an L00 to me!

I didn't try to shred etc but simply compare/contrast with simple stuff (that I can play both right and left handed).

Heres the link and some pics too

https://soundcloud.com/vanlaningham-...one-comparison

Untitled by Sam Van, on Flickr

The man rocking it!

Untitled by Sam Van, on Flickr

Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Staceydude View Post
    Great stuff.
    Thx for listening! I always hope that people give their take on the different guitars, but if people are like me, they rarely listen to these types of posts. Ahhhh.....

Sam