Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luthier close to MA

Pat worked on my Collings and did an excellent job. Surprising that he won't even do setup work on other brands though. Business must be very good.

Vic,

Thank you, picked up my CM12 from Harry Becker and it is like a different guitar, great set up and a really interesting guy, sort of a natural teacher and very generous with his knowledge, he happens to have several lefty clients. I highly recommend him.

http://www.harrybecker.net

bill

Great to hear, Bill.
    Vic

http://leftyguitarsonly.com

Authorized dealer for Collings, Duesenberg, Fender CS, Froggy Bottom, Huss and Dalton, Lowden, PRS, Santa Cruz and more.

vic@leftyguitarsonly.com

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    That's ridiculous. He can do a set-up on your Collings, but not on your H&D? What a turd. He must be a Patriots fan.

Lol!

hey bill -- I know this is an older thread and you ended up finding a good luthier, but just wanted to share that I had my D18GE refretted at D String Guitar Repair, near Sturbridge MA: www.dstringrepair.com (he also works on mandolins and banjos)
    Dave Dick is the luthier/proprietor. He did a great job and is a treat to work with.
    I really liked that he took the time to understand what I was after for setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mtherieau View Post
    hey bill -- I know this is an older thread and you ended up finding a good luthier, but just wanted to share that I had my D18GE refretted at D String Guitar Repair, near Sturbridge MA: www.dstringrepair.com (he also works on mandolins and banjos)
    Dave Dick is the luthier/proprietor. He did a great job and is a treat to work with.
    I really liked that he took the time to understand what I was after for setup.
    Dave is great! He is working on my Harmony Sovereign right now, and next week I'm bringing him a 1951 Gibson J50 I bought. He's gonna convert it to lefty

Thanks Mark,

I am going back to Harry Becker with the D18 just for a checkup and going to swap out the tuners...

Hope all is well with you.

bill

very cool @elasticman -- Dave mentioned he has a bunch of lefty customers. I really enjoyed getting the chance to meet him -- he is such an interesting guy.
    Last edited by mtherieau; 06-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.