Thread: Playable prototypes

Default Playable prototypes

This is prototype #1 using my headstock/tuning machine design . Lefty , of course .

Thanks for looking .

2. Default

What is the advantage of this setup over a regular slot head? I'm trying to envision the mechanics behind it. One thing I think would happen is that the downward pressure of the strings at the nut should be much less, as the break angle is much less pronounced with your design. Has it had any effect on intonation?

This cannot affect intonation .
    The advantage is that side mounted tuning machines can now be used where previously not possible .
    This is using a zero fret and there is no downward pressure on the nut .

4. Default

OK. First off, I didn't even notice the zero fret, so the intonation question isn't really relevant, as you point out. Is there an advantage to using slot head style tuners vs. standard style ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark the Magnificent!
    OK. First off, I didn't even notice the zero fret, so the intonation question isn't really relevant, as you point out. Is there an advantage to using slot head style tuners vs. standard style ones?
    Not that I know of .
    Just a new way to do something .
    I do love the look of the side mounted machines .
    Oh yeah , this fits a standard Fender case .

Quote Originally Posted by Mark the Magnificent!
    Yes , I forgot about break angle .
    Check out my You Tube video at Otterhound Guitars and Tonewoods . Sorry about not knowing how to link it to here .